Macro Division Winner (RSMAS Photography Competition) – Beth Watson
We have some exciting news to share with everyone today regarding a recent photography competition! We were very surprised when we stumbled upon an article on Fox News regarding one of our Facebook fans today.
A big congratulations to Beth Watson (one of our Facebook fans) for winning the macro division of the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) 2013 photography competition at the University of Miami!
Beth’s amazing underwater macro photography image of an anemone shrimp (taken in Puerto Galera, Philipines) was up against some stiff competition – a photo of an emperor shrimp (2nd place) and a procelain crab (3rd place). We are somewhat glad we weren’t on the panel of judges – it would have been extremely difficult to decide on a winner!
The macro photography world is very lucky to have someone like Beth. As you may seen from our previous post on Facebook, Beth has offered to share her experiences on underwater macro photography with us. In our upcoming interview with Beth, we will be asking her some tough questions on underwater macro photography. Before this happens, we are giving three lucky fans the opportunity to come up with some questions for Beth. All you have to do is… head over to our Facebook page, post your question and start voting for the best questions before the end of Saturday May 8!
It is very easy to participate and vote –
- Head over to our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/seeinginmacro
- Locate our post about Beth’s photo (Hint: Find NEMO! – it looks just like the photo on the right)
- Leave us a comment on the photo post with the question you wish to ask Beth
- To vote for someone’s question, make sure you LIKE that person’s comment before the end of Saturday May 8!
- We will then include the top 3 comments with the most LIKEs into our interview questions with Beth!
If you are interested in seeing more of Beth’s work, head over to her website (www.bethwatsonimages.com) or if you are interested in seeing all the winners of the photography competition, check out the RSMAS’s web site!