Sneaky Tricks to Take Close-up Photographs of Song Birds
Since so many people are into wildlife photography these days, we often hear from folks who want to know how they can take better quality photos of various types of wildlife. Of course, since birds have always fascinated people it is only natural that lots of new photographers want to know the tips, tricks and techniques that professional wildlife photographers use to capture up-close photographs of song birds. No matter where you go in the world, you will find lots of wild birds, so you have to have a solid game plan in place if you want to take close-up photos of these birds in their natural environment.
As you know, most song birds are not going to just sit there on a perch while you snap away with your DSLR. Birds will fly away at the slightest sign of movement, so you have to learn to be a bit sneaky with your approach. Want to find out how the professional wildlife photographers are able to capture so many great photos of birds without scaring them away? Then take a couple of minutes out of your day to check out today’s photography tutorial.
DO YOU LOVE BIRD WATCHING?
Photographing birds in the yard is one of my favorite pastime. After I took my first bird photo, I found myself mesmerized by the different birds that came to visit. I found myself watching the birds in the yards for hours and one day, I finally convinced myself to purchase a bird feeder. I have never looked back as this made it so much easier to attract birds to your yard.
As you know, there are many different bird feeders in the market. I have personally used a number of different bird feeders, but there is one bird feeder that my family truly enjoys when it comes to bird watching. This bird feeder brings nature closer to your home and allows you to watch the birds from inside the home in the comfort of your sofa.
It is called a ‘Window Bird Feeder’. I may have been living under a rock, but I never knew such a thing existed until recently. It is essentially a bird feeder that attaches securely onto the outside of your window using suction cups. It is made entirely out of see-through acrylic so that you can see the birds from all angles.
So what do I like about this window bird feeder?
- Unlike some of the other window bird feeders in the market, the suction cups on the back does not block my view of the birds
- It has a removable tray so that I can easily clean and fill the tray with bird seeds
- The removable tray also has sufficient drainage holes at the bottom so that water can escape and the seeds will not remain soiled
- The tray also has 3 different compartments. This has allowed me to fill each compartment with different types of seeds so that I can attract different kinds of birds
- This particular window bird feeder is also one of the largest in the market. This means that the bird feeder can cater for different species of birds and ensures that they are comfortable when they do come.
This window bird feeder by Zeemplify is currently 50% off on Amazon ($21.95) and for a limited time only, Seeing in Macro fans will receive an additional 20% off when you use coupon code 20OFFBRD on Amazon.